Monday 31 March 2008

Not Nineteen Forever

Bon Soir as the French would say!

What a day - work was so unbelievably quiet before Christmas that I used to moan everyday that I was bored. This is definitely no longer the case! I was expecting the first day in since the Easter break to be busy, but today was just manic.

A day of conference calls and unexpected facilitation. I don't mind being asked to run meetings, but preferably not the kick off meeting for a team and not 5 minutes after it was supposed to start! Still, everyone seemed happy which is a good thing. It's an important team and one that I am looking forward to working with - it should provide some good visibility, which as shallow as it sounds, on a graduate scheme is a good thing.

What was also amusing was that on Maundy Thursday, the whole office stopped for an Easter Egg hunt (childish I know, but good fun). Anyways, large eggs were hidden in various locations around the office. I came in this morning and found that I am allocated a cupboard as well as my desk drawers. So proceeding to move all my training manuals into said cupboard, what should I come across - but a nice Mars Easter egg - result!

The title of this post should give a clue as to my current most played song on Podders. It's by a band called the Courteeners - who incidentally, are on Jo Whiley's Radio 1 show later this week in the live lounge. In the meantime, you can check them out here.

I have a new recipe for people I think - you'll have to wait till tomorrow though, as I'm not sure how good it will taste and the dinner I'm cooking for a couple of mates will be the official tasting.

Only a short post today - I have to get to bed now - I want a decent nights sleep. The boss is taking us all out for lunch tomorrow - what a result :-)

Oh - and check out the funky looking BBC News Website.

No comments: