Tuesday 18 March 2008

A long day...

Been a long hard day today - an unexpected task to do for the boss when I got into work this morning, a presentation via conference call to 60 people this afternoon and then day to day work in between.

Oh and to top it all off, I drove 5 miles into Chavenage (local big town full of Chavs) to do some food shopping tonight, only to realise I'd left my wallet at home! As my idol Homer Simpson would say - "Doh!" Still I did get to check my tyres at the garage, so I guess the entire journey wasn't all in vain.

I also had to put up with a colleague trying his best to show off today. It transpires that has recently upgraded his car from the MX5 that he had previously. Rather than casually bring this up in conversation, Dominic decides to use our instant messaging app to send me a message at my desk.

He was sat in a meeting with our boss and had "accidentally" left his car keys on his desk and was wondering if I could put them in his drawer. So I wonder over and sitting on the desk are some keys with a Porsche key ring on them.

Niice was what I was thinking. I shoved the keys in the drawer and deliberately didn't say anything to Dominic when he returned to his desk - I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

5.30 appears on the clock so I head for the door expecting to see a 911 GT3 sat outside in Dominic's space, but oh no - sitting outside is a 2000 / 2001 dirty blue Boxter. If you can't afford a decent Porsche, then don't buy a shit one is the moral of this particular story I think... Or trade in what is arguably the most fun to drive little cabriolet on the market either!


Besides being an outlet for me to tell the world about my day, I also want this blog to have some actual use, so I'm going to pledge to try and put some useful things on here over the coming weeks too. Keep your eyes peeled.

No comments: