Saturday 29 March 2008

Our family is like the united colours of benetton...

Hello Strangers!

Sorry I haven't been updating this as often as I would like.
After being in Wales for Easter and then being in a 3-day course at head office Weds - Fri, I haven't had much chance to sit down and do anything really.

Wales was good, if a little on the cold side. It was also snowy, windy and rainy if the truth be known. It was great to chill out for a bit and stuff my face with chocolate too! Also cool to catch up with the family and to spend some time with the new puppy we recently got.

I had Tuesday off too, so spent that doing jack shit before heading Southwards again for work.

Wednesday evening was spent watching the footy (what a waste of time that was) and eating what can only be described as the worst pub meal I have ever eaten. This therefore makes "The Kings Arms" the first recipient of the Moan of the Week award. This prestigious title will be awarded to whatever or whoever riles me in a given week.

It should come as no surprise to learn that this particular pub is rated as 1.8 out of 10 on one of my favourite websites, Beer in the Evening. Which I should hasten to add is great for planning a pub crawl, which is exactly what myself and Homie did on Thursday evening. ( I should point out here that Homie is a good friend who bears a striking resemblence to Homer Simpson, hence the nickname).

And thus, Thursday night was spent in the Provence of Richmond, London - the only place so far where I have seen an Aston, Bentley and a new Jaguar, all within 500M of each other. Had a cracking bite to eat at a pub near the station, then we worked our way towards the river stopping at 4 or 5 pubs in total.

After being rather disappointed by the front lounge that was supposed to be the celebrity spotting pub of Richmond, I headed for the bus as according to Homie, that would have been quicker than getting the train back to my hotel.

Only it wasn't. Not only did the bus not actually pass through the suburb I needed, it dropped me off at the M4. Which meant a good 45 minute walk or so to get back to my hotel. On the plus side, it did mean that I worked off the calories in the beer I guess :-)

Last night was spent chilling after a hard couple of days - it's amazing how much courses take out of you. I had to laugh at the very funny Friday Night Project, this time hosted by Dr Who - David Tennant and if someone could explain why they would name a child Bertie Gilbert, I would very much appreciate it.

And finally, after another good friend - Princess Janey emailed me to tell me it was on, I Sky+'d the new series of Peter and Jordan, for sheer entertainment value. Which is where the quote "Our family is like the united colours of benetton... comes from!

No comments: