Friday 21 March 2008

Yes, I am a lazy get!

I've been a bit lazy this past couple of days in keeping this up to date, but I do have a number of excuses:

Manners was in London training on Wednesday, so we went for a beer in the evening near Waterloo and the London Eye. For the best part of two years we had been meaning to go to the All Bar One which serves one of my all time favourite beers - the Munchen brewed Paulaner on draft. We discovered the slug and lettuce next door lacks a decent menu, but the food in the All Bar One was pretty reasonable.

The journey home was marred slightly by witnessing someone get their lights punched out in what the BBC News would describe (in a very politically correct way of course) as a racially motivated attack.

It amazed me that no one on the tube stopped to break it up - but then again, I guess you never know what anyone is hiding in their coat anymore.

Yesterday was spent at work which included spending an hour in a Hi-Def video conference which was pretty cool. Incredible when you think that 10 years ago everything would have either been done over the phone or in person and that now we can all sit in rooms anywhere in the world and see and speak to people face to face.

After work I drove back to Birmingham where I'm spending the majority of my Easter break, although I'm in North Wales for some of it too. Whether that's a good or a bad thing I'm not sure yet!

Called into central brum for a pint with my uncle on my home, only to discover the local social club serves only Carling (which, together with Carlsberg, will herein be known as "Cooking Lager" to blog readers) and Grolsch - which was off. So a bottle of bud it was - but it's the company not the drinking that matters as they say.

Today (Good Friday) has been spent chilling out. I promised myself no work laptop or BlackBerry over the weekend, however I broke that rule first thing this morning when I discovered I'd forgotten to put my out of office on.

Other than that, I took the beast into the local town earlier to get some hot cross buns and dropped Mommy Bedders off at the gym. The afternoon has been spent messing around with the new dog and catching up with relatives - all pretty tame by any standards!

That's a rather boring entry completed, but at least things are kinda up to date!


Bedders.

No comments: