Thursday 3 April 2008

No, we will definitely not do that


Grr - what a week! Yet again I am being a bit slack on updating this - now I know I can just send an email update, I might start doing more.

The "Kingston Duo" came over for dinner on Tuesday night which was cool - it's been ages since we all caught up and it's good to get reacquainted over a bite to eat. The recipe which I mentioned in my previous post was White Chocolate Cheesecake - which I have the pleasure of being able to share with you in the post after this one.

Main course were Lamb Shanks, which just about had enough time to cook. Reason being I got held up at work after being asked at the last minute to run a conference call.

I don't mind doing that - providing:
a) I have an idea as to what the meeting is about and
b) I'm given the flexibility to run the meeting how I want

Now when Dorothy (yes, another alias!) who asks me to run her meeting, then joins the call and proceeds to stamp her authority all over it - I wasn't too happy. I replied to her "no, we will definitely not do that" with "I think we need to take this offline" and that appeared to help the discussion move forward more productively. More frustrating than anything else - you either want me to run your call or you don't..

In other news, my new headphones for podders2 - or shuffle podders finally arrived today. They are a pair of Sennheiser PMX70's. I bought them so that I can go "yogging" as Ron Burgundy would put it, without having to constantly hold onto the apple one's. (They just fall out whenever you move your head). Expect a full review at the weekend when I will give them a proper road test.

No comments: