Sunday 20 April 2008

Shameless, RyanScare and Let's Eat!



Two blog entries in as many days - aren't you lucky!

Today me and the beast visited Milton Keynes. At this point, some people might go - "eugh, what the hell did you want to go there for?" - if you're one of those people, you can piss off now!

You see, MK (as I'm going to affectionately abbreviate it to) is a new town. Just like Telford, Crawley and Stevenage amongst others. I've had the unfortunate experiences of visiting the aforementioned three - I even live about 15 miles from Telford unfortunately.

Whilst I don't want to disrespect anyone who lives in those places, they are shit holes. Concrete jungles that were created simply to meet a nationwide housing shortage. I lived in Crawley for a year and I never will again.

Milton Keynes on the other hand really isn't that bad. Rather than write paragraphs about this, I'm going to list a couple of simple reasons:
1) It has the MK Bowl - 65,000 seat venue for some cool gigs and events
2) MK consists of a grid system - based on Los Angeles. Roundabouts connect each grid and between each roundabout, rather than having to drive at 30mph (like you would in all other towns), you get to drive at 60mph - which is great fun.
3) The Centre - a huge shopping centre with a massive selection of shops.
4) It's an economic centre - there's lots of big companies, technical design centres and commerce taking place there.
5) Trees and Parks. Unlike some other towns, these aren't full of graffiti and actually blend into the urban environment.

There we go. In short - go visit the place - you might be surprised.

This also bring me onto Let's Eat. Which I think may possibly become my all time favourite shop. Located in MK's The Centre, it's a sort of combination between a shop and a cafe. The shops sells cool food important from America - stuff like Bettie Crocker cake mixes, all sorts of sauces, candy bars - you name it, it's here.

The cafe serves up ciabattas, baguettes and a massive selection of muffins, cup cakes and brownies. Lush. Well worth a visit, or you can check them out here.

To get to Milton Keynes, I have to go through Luton. And this means I was able to call into the Shell garage with my old receipts, get some fuel and collect the cars the bastards owe me! I got a few dodgy looks carrying three little Ferrari's back to my car!

Going out for a run this evening, I bumped into one half of the new neighbours. He looks like one of the Gallaghers on Shameless. Gave me a well dodgy look. They are the most bizzare people - I hear them shouting at each other from opposite ends of their flat some times.

Finally, check out RyanScare - they have a sale on at the moment - you can get to Sweden for example for £40 return. Bargain.

No comments: